Plas Esgair is a Grade II listed Georgian mansion in an idyllic location with outstanding views. Home, renovation project and grand country house B & B.
'Plas Esgair' literally translates to 'Long Ridge Hall' in English (PLAS, a hall or mansion; ESGAIR, a long ridge)
Cadw records show Plas Esgair was first built in 1780 and then enlarged between 1820 and 1830 and the verandah added but the date 1755 is carved into the stonework so it was probably first built slightly earlier.
The house sits in its own grounds of approximately 6 acres approached by a long driveway from the road, approximately 1/2 a mile north of Llan church.
It is Grade II listed because it is "a well preserved gentry house in an area where such social distinctions are rare".